Sunday, June 10, 2012
 
UPDATES AND REFLECTIONS
No news is good news.

Selling My Condo
Haven't heard anything from the interested buyer and the bank. I understand banks move very slowly these days when it comes to granting a mortgage. In the meantime will be showing the condo to any interested party.

Mom interviewed for NECN
Image: My Mom's Condo

A home inspection took place last week, haven't heard about the results but I feel quite confident that there are no major issues.

Searching for New Place
There are a few retirement communities in my area that I have looked into, they serve three meals a day which means I'd be spending a lot of time in the dining room.

That doesn't appeal to me.

I've zeroed in on Brooksby Village, in a nearby town, which appeals to me, plus I know a handful of people that are residents there, so I won't be going in "cold."

Poolside with Mom!
Image; Millie and Carol at the Brooksby Village Pool

I have looked at several units there and thought I had found "the one" for me but fortunately when I went back a second time decided to see how much of a walk it would be to get to "the everyday places", I realized the particular unit would be too much of a walk for me, and I do mean "too much."

So, the search continues!

Reflections
Will I miss not going to Florida

Yes - When there will be snow and ice on the ground I'll remember those sunny days at the pool playing Mah Jongg with my friends.

Yes - I'll miss getting together with family and friends that I could see in Florida because they live out of state or are not near by up north.

Yes - I'll miss shopping at "Famous", the local great deli store, I'll miss "Publix," the handy overpriced supermarket that has whatever you need to feed the body and soul. I'll miss "The Boys," where you can get the freshest of everything, but you better watch their your feet because the customers can crash their wagons into you. (the place is always crowded!)

Yes - I'll miss the shows at the club house and going to the movies where the lines to get in are long, the price is right and the movie is right around the corner.

Yes - I'll miss going out to eat at "The Three G's" and all the other neighborhood restaurants that serve everything from Jewish, Italian, Chinese, Greek food, you name it they have it! And they are all a stones throw where where I lived.

Yes - I'll miss all that and more but "that was then and this is now."

I know one thing that Steve and Carol won't miss - every season before I left for Florida they would come to my condo and take my huge plant home with them to babysit it for the winter!!

Mom's New Plant
Image: My Mom's Plant

And you know what, when I want to reminisce I'll just go to my old posts and remember all the good times I had in sunny Florida!










Comments:
Millie,
I am sure it will be an adjustment with the new changes coming. You sound great and are dealing well. Remember, if any of the changes make you sad, keep on writing and blogging.

Writing always helps soothe and calm my moods when I am feeling upset.
 
What Magnolia Girl said! I do hope that your condo will sell soon and that you'll find a suitable unit in the place of your choice.
 
Big change and proud of you for accepting its necessity!
 
Good for you, Millie!!!

I'm considering a move and I hope that I can be as positive as you are.
 
Millie, thinking of you. You give me thoughts of what I may need to do in a short time. I want to be as wise as you in knowing the right time...
 
Wow, this IS a big change!
 
Life is filled with lulls between adaptations.
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger