Saturday, January 12, 2008
 
A CATCH-UP POST
Well, it looks like I'm finally on the road to recovery. It took a lot of phone calls, a computer guru, Steve and Comcast to get this computer to behave.

For a while there it looked like I was either going to have to go wireless or buy a new computer. Somehow everything is A-OK now!

I Missed Blogging
I missed blogging and reading what my fellow bloggers were up to. I've been thinking about how much I look forward to participating in this grand world of the internet. It's something that I have been doing for about four years now and it's a daily ritual, like brushing your teeth. How would you feel if you could not brush everyday?

At The Movies with Millie


Even though there has been trouble in paradise I've still managed to have some fun. I've seen more movies in the short time I've been here then what I usually get to see up north.

Here's a list of what movies I have seen and "My Opinion"

No Country for Old Men - 2 1/2 Cheers
August Rush - 3 Cheers
Charlie Wilson's War - 3 Cheers
Atonement - 3 Cheers
The Great Debaters - 5 Cheers


The other night Lanie Kazan appeared at the club house - She's a beautiful woman and still has a great voice. She's a lot heavier now but aren't we all! I had a great seat - fourth row, center.

What I Like About Florida
There are a lot of things that I like about Florida, the weather goes with out saying, movies near by, wonderful library, art shows, lectures, theater, Flea markets and great places to eat and lots of people to do them with.

Another big plus for me is, I get together with friends I know, who live in Massachusetts, but I don't get to see because they live to far away. That happens a lot down here - you go to a restaurant and you see large tables of ten or twelve - they come from all over and meet with old friends and family.

Now that I have updated you on some of my doings, I'll be playing catch-up and will be dropping by to see what you have been up to!


Comments:
You sound as if you have so much fun down in Florida. Almost makes me want to retire there someday. I like Lainie Kazan and I've seen her in movies lately and she is pretty zaftig now.
 
Hi Millie,

I am glad your computer is okay now. I enjoy your posts so post away!!! :-)
 
I remember Lainie from the early variety shows on TV, and I always liked her singing and her sense of humor. Glad to have you back, Millie.
 
I feel your pain. In the last three weeks, if it was electronic, I broke it. First, my laptop crashed right before Christmas. Then, the stove went out (it has an electronic panel) then my beloved phone, a Treo, which contains my appointments contact information and notes, died. Heck of a way to start the year!
 
I was glad to see the catch up post. I peek in everyday but don't always comment so keep up the good work --I'll be reading!
 
So glad your computer is fixed now. You are a busy bee.
 
Oh! Millie, good to have you back.
Computers are such an important part of our lives now!
I'd go crazy if my Internet connection broke!
You seem to have had such interesting activities though. I'm taking note of the Great Debaters, it's not on the screens here yet!
I have tagged you on a meme on my blog but only do it if you feel like it
Lots of love
Claude
 
Glad you're enjoying yourself, Millie!!!!!! You're making me think I need to move down there. It's snowing in Ohio today and I hate driving in it.
 
It can be very frustrating not having our computers working nowadays. It's like losing connections to the world. Glad your computer is working. Welcome back!
 
Glad to see you're back in the blog world again. It does become a bit addictive, doesn't it?
My electric heater went caput in my writer's studio...a new one is arriving on Friday and it's chilly here so I've brought my laptop into the house to "stay connected." Hey, if there's a will, there's a way with us bloggers.
Love the movies you've seen and I'm anxious to see The Debators and Atonement.
Keep having fun, Millie and hope you're warmer over there on the east coast than we are here on the island.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net
 
To all my blogging friends

Guess what! I stayed home today. The other day Clancy left a comment saying, "what I busy bee I am." Well this bee ran out of honey and had to call it a day.

It was great not having to get dressed up and be somewhere at a certain time.

Tomorrow is another day.;-)
 
Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger