Wednesday, April 27, 2005
 
A LESSON LEARNED
Many years ago when I was a stay-at-home mom I devoted a great deal of time to a fundraising organization. I held various positions, recording secretary, treasurer, chairperson of fund raising events and program chairman.

I got the most satisfaction being program chairman. It was my responsibity to arrange a program once a month, one that would entertain or educate the members. It was a challenge on many levels,the programs had to be ones that I felt the girls would enjoy with no cost to the group. Somehow I always came up with something.


We held our regular meetings monthly and opened the meetings with the singing of "God Bless America" followed by the business portion and then the entertainment for the evening. A few weeks before the meetings I would make a call to Estelle, our piano player, confirm the date, time and place.

Ok, so I call Estelle to give her the details of the upcoming meeting and she says,"It has been my pleasure working with you and now I feel it is time to give someone else the opportunity to play for the group!" Did you ever hear of such a nice way to say, "I have had it, I do not want to do it anymore."

That was an eye opener, I learned how to say "NO" with tact!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger