Sunday, January 30, 2005
 
I LOST IT, I LOST IT
In the 50's there was a song made popular by Rosemary Clooney, "A Tisket A Tasket, I Lost MY Yellow Basket." Well I did not lose my yellow basket but I lost my Kings Point picture ID. That is as bad as losing your license, your charge card, your social security card, or worse!

I am spending the winter at Kings Point, a senior community in Florida with a population of 15,000 people. In order to gain admission to any of the clubhouses, swimming pools or ride the community bus you MUST show your ID.

Well this morning the weather looked like a pool day so I got my bathing suit, cover up, beach towel and sunglasses ready, needed one more IMPORTANT item. My Kings Point ID.

Looked everywhere, not to be found. I called the stores that I had been to recently, no ID. The next thing I did was call the Lost and Found department here at Kings Point, No ID. They told me to come over to their office, gave me a note to present to the secuity officer at the clubhouse who in turn will get "special dispensation" and let me in.

By the time I got back from the ID office the weather had changed, not a pool day after all.

If my ID does not show up in the next few days I will have to pay $25.00 for a replacement and have another picture taken. Maybe the next picture will come out better!

Millie


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger