Saturday, May 22, 2004
 
NEVER AGAIN
Went into Boston by bus yesterday. I can get the bus right near my home. The bus pulled up and I carefully got myself up the stairs. They are high stairs and I needed all the help that the bus railing could provide to get me inside.

Took about 45 minutes to get into Haymarket. But the ride was very bumpy. Not good.

I've been wanting to get together with a good friends of mine for a long time. I see her in Florida but she lives on the South Shore and I live on the North Shore, so we made plans to meet at Quincy Market. That was a good meeting place for both of us.

The sidewalks of Quincy Market were probably built by Pilgrims. Pilgrims with bad eyesight. I'm not the most steady walker, so trying to navigate those cobblestones was quite a challenge.

The marketplace was full of vendors selling everything from soup to nuts. If you started at one end and tried to eat your way down to the other end, it'd probably take you three weeks!

We stopped and looked at all the delicious looking pastries and candies. Would you believe the piece of candy that I had my eye on was $2.75?

Did not buy it.

She saw a brownie that looked great that was also $2.75. We split the brownie and had a cup of coffee. Less calories and less money.

We will do it again, but I will have to find a better way to get into town.

Now for some advice:

- If you do take the bus do not try to take notes while riding, you will never be able to read them.

- If you wear false teeth, watch out, you might loose them.

- If you are pregnant you could have the baby sooner then you expect!

As for me, the next time I go into town, I'll find a better way.

TMM


Comments: Post a Comment


HOME
Powered by Blogger